Yoga Educational Program
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
The privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information:We ask for basic information like your name, email address, and password in order to set up your account on AshtangaYogaVienna.com.
- Transaction and Billing Information:If you buy something from us–a subscription to Event online & live –you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, personal information, and contact information.
- Content Information:Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content (in your private area or in the social group).
- Credentials:Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for using your uploaded files and data . For example, Ashtanga Yoga Vienna users may provide us with these credentials to allow us to assist you with Yoga Journal.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our user support team about a question, or post a question about your practice in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information:Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your account on AshtangaYogaVienna.com.
- Usage Information:We collect information about your usage of our Services. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information:We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their area more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email or phone call, about offers and promotions offered by Ashtanga Yoga Vienna and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Ashtanga Yoga Vienna Events and our EAAY Educational Program.
- To personalize your experience using our Services. For Example to provide personalized content.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors and Processors:We may do not share information about you with third party vendors or processors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site.
- Legal Requests:We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others:We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Ashtanga Yoga Vienna or the public at large.
- With Your Consent:We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of AshtangaYogaVienna’s websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to AshtangaYogaVienna’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide:If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, and transaction and billing information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications:You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies:At this time, Ashtanga Yoga Vienna does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using AshtangaYogaVienna’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of AshtangaYogaVienna’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account:While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can request your account to be closed bycontact us via email.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these affiliate sites.
Third Party Processors
Third party processors are other services that Ashtanga Yoga Vienna uses to function and operate as a business. Following are the links to the third party processors used by Ashtanga Yoga Vienna:
Google Analytics is a data gathering and reporting service which is utilized to help us understand how our websites are being used so we can improve our user experiences. Google Analytics will set cookies in your browser and read preexisting cookies.
Information about what data is collected by Google and how Google uses that data can be found at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Discord and Discord.io
Discord is more of a community with video call features built in than it is a stand-alone video call app. Initially a place for gamers to meet, chat and share, Discord has grown to over 100 million users and its communities now include everything from book clubs, dance classes, study groups, anime, music, and more. Discord has message-board features and voice features as well as video chat features and is available as an app on Android and iOS, as well as a download on Mac, Windows, and Linux. Users can also login through their browser.
Discord.io stellt den Linkprovider zum Ashtanga Yoga Vienna Server.
How to Reach Us
Creative Commons Sharealike License
Natasa Cvetkovic – Ashtangaworld – Ashtanga Yoga Vienna • Porzellangasse 60 • 1090 Vienna • firstname.lastname@example.org